Fort Worth Research Center
4825 N. Freeway
Fort Worth, TX 76106
Leszek Nikiel, PhD
- Built in June, 1972
- Employs 14 people (3 PhD's)
- Performs basic research of rubber chemistry
- Carbon black and polymer science
- Conducts product testing
- Integral part of SRCE's Quality Assurance Program
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
- Develop a basic understanding of carbon black and how it interacts with elastomers to improve end-use performance.
- Develop new grades of carbon black.
- Provide timely and effective quality control testing.
- Develop improved test methods to more accurately guide the production process and predict end-use performance.
- Seek process improvements to enhance yield, quality and economics.